One of the major stresses which come along with owning a rental property is when the tenant clears and moves out. Being the owner of a rental property, it is solely your responsibility to check the space and surroundings. It is also your responsibility to ensure that the maintenance is done, and get it cleaned to welcome the next tenant. This process can sometimes be very easy and it can get super tough once in a while.
Even if it is a tough job, maintaining a clean property has many advantages. When you own a clean property, the rent can be increased as the property looks clean all the time. Hence, it is very important to make sure that the property is well maintained after the tenant moves out. Cleaning the property between the tenants also helps in increasing the lifetime of the property. So, here are some things you have to make sure in order to proceed to the next tenant.
- Request the tenants to clean thoroughly: Give the tenants a checklist of all the items and places which need to be cleaned and taken care of. By giving them a checklist, it will reduce the number of things you have to take care of and also reduce your effort. You just have to make sure that the cleaning is done thoroughly. There are few often forgotten areas which need to be cleaned. They are:
- Top of the fridge and cupboards
- Shelves and the interior of the drawers
- All the appliances in the washroom
- Fridge doors and shelves
- Grout in the tiles
All these places including the basic areas like the kitchen and bedrooms can be cleaned thoroughly.
- Replacing old furnishing: You can keep cleaning the utensils and appliances to make them look clean but after a certain point of time, any appliance will lose its value, starts to become grimy, and difficult to clean. The same condition is applicable for mattresses as well. Once they start to look old and become difficult to maintain, it is always better to replace the old ones. If the appliances are not new and do not look clean as well, it will be tough to demand high rents. Hence, it is always better to keep replacing your appliances within a fixed budget.
- Hire a company to clean the blinds: It is good behavior on the tenants if they clean the curtains and blinds before leaving. The blinds are usually brittle and sensitive. It will be very tough and time taking for the tenants to clean with utmost care. However, a blind cleaning company can finish the work in no time. They are a bunch of experts who carry the perfect equipment to clean any blind. They will make sure that the blinds are in perfect condition. You can request the help of the professional end of tenancy cleaning in Bristol for helping you out.
- Never forget cleaning the exterior: Cleaning the exterior of the property is as important as cleaning the interiors, especially if you are renting a single family house or a single apartment. It is very important to make sure that the sidewalks, porches, driveways, and doors are in good condition in order to leave a beautiful impression to the visitors. You can also take the help of contract cleaning companies in Bristol by hiring them at a reasonable price. You can get a pressure washer to clean the outdoor gate and driveways.
- Clean the carpets and do not forget to paint: even though it is not so necessary to clean or paint after each and every tenant, make sure you do it. Cleaning and painting do not just make sure that the look of the house is nice. Carpets can collect germs and they can be really dangerous to the new tenants. The paint will also take care of the minor marks on the walls, holes, and other small problems.
Most importantly, try to make the new tenants feel comfortable with their new home!