- Home Cleaning
Clean windows have the great potential to light up your house and brighten your world. If the beauty of your windows has been long last, then go ahead with reading this article. You will get a fair idea of how to restore the long lost shine of your windows.
While you can opt to do all the cleaning work by yourself, you always have an option to meet a cleaning company for help. The reasons to seek for a cleaning company’s help are:
- The cleaning job performed by professionals is of a better standard than the regular house cleaning done by you.
- Quality cleaning work is done within the stipulated time frame.
- The highly trained staff knows the cleaning job like the back of their hand.
- The cleaning products used are of top quality.
Cleaning tips and tricks
If you opt to do the cleaning job yourself, you might use some professional advice. To ease out the tedious job of cleaning windows, here are some tips:
- Wait for a cloudy day: A bright day feels lively and fills you with enthusiasm. You might want to work yourself out to some productive output. But cleaning your windows on that particular day will not prove to be the best possible option. Avoid cleaning on a bright day because the cleansing liquid tends to dry out sooner on a bright day. So choose a day with a lower temperature for this task.
- Begin with dust removal: Before you jump into cleaning, swipe the window panes with a dry cloth. This will remove the dust or any external dirt. If you neglect dusting, the cleaner and dust will combine to form a mess. This can add to your work instead of reducing it. After this, you can easily clean the stains. This is a mandatory step that will help you in every type of cleaning. You can also continue the cleaning process with a brush or vacuum cleaner. If your windows look extra grim wash the windows with warm water. Add vinegar to warm water for window glass cleaning. There are many other window cleaner tools for lead windows available in the market or online.
- Cleaning liquid: Pick the right cleaning liquid for your windows. A too dilute liquid won’t have a good cleaning effect while a strong solution may render your window bleached and weak. So choose an optimum cleaning liquid wisely. Do not pour the liquid directly onto the glass or onto the cloth with which you intend to clean the window. Spray the cleaning liquid because mists dry less easily and do not drip to create a mess. The use of ettore window cleaning supplies is recommended.
Homemade glass cleaner
If you believe in doing things yourself rather than trying chemicals or market products, then make a DIY glass cleaner. The ingredients are as follows :
- 2 cups of water
- ½ cup vinegar or cider
- ¼ semi-concentrated alcohol
Mix the samples and pour them into a spray bottle. Keep this mixture out of reach of your children or pets.
- Microfiber cloth: Use a reusable microfiber cloth instead of using newspapers or tissues for cleaning. The advantage of using them is that they are absorbing, washable and leave the glass shiny and stain free. Do not use towels for cleaning as they leave behind shredded lint. They get weak with frequent usage.
- Break the job: Window cleaning is a drag so you do not need to do it all at once. Keep the window cleaning work for weekends. Clean the windows of a particular room or part of the house on a day. This will make your work load less. You will also get an opportunity to clean any remaining stains on the windows or just do some dusting on them. This policy allows for greater cleaning efficiency.